This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --with-gmp-lib ... options to configure (tentative patch)
- From: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:33:59 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: --with-gmp-lib ... options to configure (tentative patch)
- References: <20061117173758.GA17012@ours.starynkevitch.net>
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> Sometimes, it could be useful to explicitly give on the topmost
> configure options like --with-gmp-lib and --with-gmp-includes to
> explicit the directories of libgmp and of its headerq.
> It might help for http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-11/msg00650.html
> ChangeLog follows
> 2006-11-17 Basile STARYNKEVITCH <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure: regenerated.
> * gcc/configure: regenerated.
> * gcc/configure.ac: added --with-mpfr-lib and --with-mpfr-include
> removed --with-mpfr-dir and likewise for gmp
> * configure.in: ditto, with updated help message
I don't think we should be removing the existing --with-* flags. That
will break an existing working feature.
Also, you claim to modify gcc/configure.ac in the ChangeLog, but all I see
is the addition of a blank line. All the functional changes are all at
the top level (as I believe they should be, so it's just the ChangeLog
PS: As noted in the above URL, I have this item on my TODO list.
(Actually testing a patch as we speak.) So you don't necessarily have to
worry about it.
Kaveh R. Ghazi email@example.com