This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC,PATCH] combine: Don't simplify subregs of promoted types
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <Andreas dot Krebbel at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 Nov 2006 07:35:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC,PATCH] combine: Don't simplify subregs of promoted types
- References: <20060904112357.GA3964@de.ibm.com> <email@example.com> <20061117131418.GA14235@de.ibm.com>
Andreas Krebbel <Andreas.Krebbel@de.ibm.com> writes:
> I'm experimenting with a patch which introduces a combine_simplify_subreg
> function. That function records the promotion information in reg_stat when a subreg
> is optimized away. This makes the ZERO_EXTEND to be removed in
> expand_compound_operation. I'm currently trying to enhance this in order to
> cover SIGN_EXTENDS as well using the sign_bit_copies field. Does that sound like
> a solution to you?
Yes, that sounds promising. Thanks.