This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR27588: Add substring-out-of-bounds check
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:43:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR27588: Add substring-out-of-bounds check
- References: <45550FA6.email@example.com>
On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 12:47:50AM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
> The attached patch adds a "substring out of bounds" check, in the spirit
> of trans-array.c's gfc_trans_array_bound_check.
> This is an improved version; the first
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-10/msg00234.html) didn't
> displayed the right line number and no variable name; the second by FX
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-10/msg01030.html) added the
> variable name - and this version fixes the line-number display.
> I used CBND1, CBND2 and CBND4 of
> http://www.polyhedron.com/pb05/linux/diagnose.html, which all are
> detected (with variable name), which increases our diagnostics
> statistics from 34% -> 39% ;-)
> FX wrote (regarding his patch): "I've been working to find how to output
> the variable name, [...] but it still doesn't work in all cases."
> If you find an example where it does not work, I'm happy to look at it.
> (I didn't find one, but I didn't look for it extensively)
> Compiled and regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc.
> Ok for the trunk?
The patch is OK with an appropriate ChangeLog entry.