This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Fix PR28684
- From: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>, Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, "R. Clint Whaley" <whaley at cs dot utsa dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:42:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Fix PR28684
> Perhaps pragmatically, reciprocal-math-optimizations can be those
> that strength reduce divisions into (an equal number of)
This definition enables this transformation -
C1/(X*C2) into (C1/C2)/X
but x / y into x * (1/y) seems to not fit it which might hurt targets
support reciprocal but not division operations (i.e. Altivec).
I still prefer the former definition... but that just me :-)