This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tuning gcc for Intel Core2
- From: Andi Kleen <ak at suse dot de>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:43:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] tuning gcc for Intel Core2
- References: <4558A4DD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4558BEC8.email@example.com> <20061113190907.GB7528@lucon.org>
> > >According to the guide PUSH has latency 1.5 (whatever that means)
> > >and MOV 1. No extra dependencies on the stack pointer because those
> > >are optimized away early in the pipeline.
> > >
> > >
> > 1.5 is for Core, the latency for Core2 is missed in the table.
> PUSH and MOV have similar latency for Core 2.
You mean similar to Core1 or similar to each other?