This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/29798, def forward propagated even though it does not dominate use
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at adacore dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch (Paolo Bonzini), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Patches)
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:32:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR/29798, def forward propagated even though it does not dominate use
- References: <200611131956.kADJuE62031769@localhost.localdomain>
On Nov 13, 2006, at 14:56, Andrew Pinski wrote:
Is there any way to change the testcase so it does not use
floating point? yes this testcase should be ok in base 2 fp
but not some targets use a non base 2 fp IIRC.
All targets even remotely likely to ever get supported
use at least an even base, so there will never be any
floating-point rounding. All computation in this test
case is exact for even bases.