This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make gcc/configure* ld version parser a little bit less strict
- From: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 13 Nov 2006 12:32:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gcc/configure* ld version parser a little bit less strict
Yes, this is OK. Thanks,
(650) 331-6685 x713
From: Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, Nov 13, 2006 11:51 am
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gcc/configure* ld version parser a little bit less strict
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 04:39:28PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Ok for 4.3/4.2/4.1?
> 2006-11-07 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure.ac (ld_vers): Parse GNU ld version 220.127.116.11.3-6 20060715
> style versions.
> * configure: Rebuilt.
Ok for HEAD; ok for the others if the release managers say so.
Mark, is this ok also for 4.2/4.1? It is a regression of a different kind (GCC
4.x configured on FC6 regresses to GCC 4.x configured on FC5 or other distros) and is IMHO safe (configure really doesn't care about the lower version numbers anyway, only major/minor and date).