This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [dataflow] remove try_auto_increment from regmove
- From: "Steven Bosscher" <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Kenneth Zadeck" <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: "Paolo Bonzini" <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>, "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:37:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [dataflow] remove try_auto_increment from regmove
- References: <454E2C31.email@example.com> <454E5C4E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/5/06, Kenneth Zadeck <email@example.com> wrote:
I have no problem with this patch. I would like to see it go in.
However, the ppc only has pre* auto insns and the x86 has none.
But iiuyc, ARM does?
You need to test this on a machine that has post* auto insns like the
arm or the ia-64. Unfortunately we do not have these ports working
yet. If you want to track down some bugs on these ports, we would be
happy for the help.
Today I successfully built&tested an ARM compiler with the dataflow
branch, see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2006-11/msg00428.html
I also compared some assembler output (~440000 lines, preprocessed GCC
3.1) with and without Paolo's patch.There were no assembler
differences. A more thorough check ought to be performed but the
result is very promissing IMO.