This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Slightly improved DWARF2 debug info for Fortran
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:09:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Slightly improved DWARF2 debug info for Fortran
- References: <email@example.com> <453AAAB0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <453AB002.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1161554593.20409.42.camel@pc1>
> > Right. I don't claim to be a dwarf2out.c maintainer, though; I think
> > this would be better, but some other folks might not.
> I wonder what Ada does here since it has reference passing too.
The Ada mode in GDB makes the distinction between references and
pointers. In the case of references, it automatically dereferences
them and prints the actual data.
(so the fact that we still use some forms of encoding is not relevant
in this particular case)