This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] ppc64 native target for gcc
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:47:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] ppc64 native target for gcc
- References: <1BC200EE-1436-4E0A-A623-48FB659F7C4B@math.purdue.edu>
It is pointless to attempt to build java on the powerpc64-*-darwin*
target since we still don't have a working 64-bit version of libffi
on Darwin PPC. The multilib build of java on powerpc-*-darwin* only
completes at -m64 because it uses the 32-bit binaries for the java
utilities. As for fortran, you will need to install the gmp-64bit
package from fink unstable. We also need to create a matching package
for libmpfr1-64-bit as well. I'll look into that this weekend.
As to the build itself, check try...
setenv gcc "gcc -m64"
setenv ld ld64
../gcc/configure --prefix=/Users/howarth/work/gcc42 --enable-languages=c,c++ --host=powerpc64-apple-darwin8 --target=powerpc64-apple-darwin8 --disable-multilib