This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH [gcc 4.3]: Add ability to generate DWARF pubtypes section
- From: Caroline Tice <ctice at apple dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:44:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH [gcc 4.3]: Add ability to generate DWARF pubtypes section
- References: <405E9133-048D-4F63-8449-62C628346CCF@apple.com> <20061110133348.GA17901@nevyn.them.org>
Yes, the Apple GDB group specifically requested the pubtypes
information; we've already incorporated it (nearly the same
into Apple's GCC, and the GDB group is already using it.
-- Caroline Tice
On Nov 10, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 02:49:25PM -0800, Caroline Tice wrote:
Attached is a modified version of the original patch I submitted a
to add the ability to generate the DWARF pubtypes section on Darwin
(or any other architecture that defines DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION). The
patch had a bug in the code that calculated the size of the pubtypes
I gather that Darwin is hoping/planning at some point to make use of
pubnames/pubtypes. I'd like to hear opinions about enabling this on
every DWARF target by default; that way, perhaps the FSF GDB will be
able to do this too.