This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove unused tree codes, FIX_CEIL_EXPR, FIX_FLOOR_EXPR, FIX_ROUND_EXPR
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: gfortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:17:27 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove unused tree codes, FIX_CEIL_EXPR, FIX_FLOOR_EXPR, FIX_ROUND_EXPR
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <45545EA3.email@example.com>
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Richard Guenther wrote:
> > This patch removes the three unused tree-codes FIX_CEIL_EXPR,
> > FIX_FLOOR_EXPR, FIX_ROUND_EXPR. The only "user" was the fortran frontend
> > which used them internally (but never created trees with that codes).
> > So I guess at least the fortran guys should ack this apart from a middle-end
> > maintainer.
> I wouldn't dislike the idea of lowering builtins to these codes...
What would we gain this way?
Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Novell / SUSE Labs