This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] New port of Cell SPU
- From: Andrew_Pinski at PlayStation dot Sony dot Com
- To: Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Russell_Olsen at playstation dot sony dot com, trevor_smigiel at playstation dot sony dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:51:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New port of Cell SPU
Christoph Hellwig <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 11/09/2006 03:47:12 PM:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:37:28PM -0800,
> email@example.com wrote:
> > Here is an updated patch containing the port for Cell SPU.
> > This patch addresses all previous issues raised, includes the
> > documentation changes, and a couple of other fixes.
> Should vmx2spu.h really be part of gcc? It just maps an already odd API
> to the normal spu API. The only (small) point I see in this header
> be if it was installed as altivec.h, providing the exactly same API as
> powerpc side. If it's different you should better put it into the sony
> support library for the playstation and let other people program the
> spu native APIs.
It is defined by the C/C++ Language Extensions for the Cell BEA so yes it
be part of GCC which is the specifications for the Linux distros for the