This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Make jump threading preserve loops
- From: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:28:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Make jump threading preserve loops
Zdenek Dvorak <email@example.com> wrote on 08/11/2006
> > > However, I'm OK with simply restricting peeling to the first
> > > if you're getting reasonable results with that.
> > this would still spoil the alignment, which is *very* unfortunate.
> > put a lot of attention to structuring their code such that the data
> > be aligned for vectorization (just two recent examples:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-11/msg00084.html,
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=27827#c56). I think we
> > strongly consider Jeff's comment above.
> the patch prevents peeling simple loops (for more details, see my reply
> for the Jeff's mail); since vectorizer does not handle loops with
> multiple exits anyway, this should be sufficient.