This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove unnecesary line number notes
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:18:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Remove unnecesary line number notes
- References: <20060725173910.GA20358@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com> <20061108164518.GC11911@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20061108170625.GA31287@nevyn.them.org>
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:45:18PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > > Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > >
> > > > 2006-07-25 Jan Hubicka <email@example.com>
> > > > * cfglayout.c (insn_locators_initialize): Delete line number insn.
> > >
> > > This is OK.
> > Hi,
> > I was holding this patch, because there was reported extra failure in
> > GDB testsuite (weird looking one caused by no longer duplicated line
> > number info). I've re-tested with new mainline and gdb-6.5 and
> > everything looks fine now, so I am going to commit it.
> Did you check that duplicate line number notes are emitted where they
> ought to be? Otherwise, I bet the problem just doesn't appear on
> whichever platform you tested it...
OK, can you please remind me where precisely the extra line number notes
should appear and why? THe code definitly is not trying to emit
duplicate line number notes anywhere...
> Daniel Jacobowitz