This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove unnecesary line number notes
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:06:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: Remove unnecesary line number notes
- References: <20060725173910.GA20358@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061108164518.GC11911@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:45:18PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> writes:
> > > 2006-07-25 Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > * cfglayout.c (insn_locators_initialize): Delete line number insn.
> > This is OK.
> I was holding this patch, because there was reported extra failure in
> GDB testsuite (weird looking one caused by no longer duplicated line
> number info). I've re-tested with new mainline and gdb-6.5 and
> everything looks fine now, so I am going to commit it.
Did you check that duplicate line number notes are emitted where they
ought to be? Otherwise, I bet the problem just doesn't appear on
whichever platform you tested it...