This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [fixed-point] Patch to parse _Fract, _Accum, _Sat
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Fu, Chao-Ying" <fu at mips dot com>, "Thekkath, Radhika" <radhika at mips dot com>, "Stephens, Nigel" <nigel at mips dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:40:00 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [fixed-point] Patch to parse _Fract, _Accum, _Sat
- References: <3CB54817FDF733459B230DD27C690CEC012BB164@Exchange.mips.com> <email@example.com>
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> You've put _Sat under GNU extensions. I see that the dfp type specifiers
> are under that header too but I thought they come from some standard.
> Anyway, if _Sat comes from a standard, it deserves its own heading here
> (and perhaps you could point to the relevant standards in a comment
> everywhere else where you add things for fixed-point parsing??).
The status of fixed point is a Technical Report Type 2 (TR 18037), of
decimal floating-point is a draft TR Type 2 (DTR 24732). A TR is not a
standard or an amendment to a standard (so, for example, all uses of new
type specifiers and forms of constants should be diagnosed with
-pedantic), although depending on implementation experience it might be
considered for inclusion in future standard revisions.
Joseph S. Myers