This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,fortran] PR 27740 Symbol versioning for libgfortran
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Janne Blomqvist <Janne dot Blomqvist at tkk dot fi>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:53:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch,fortran] PR 27740 Symbol versioning for libgfortran
- References: <454C89C3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
One question about your gfortran.map file: where are the _fini and
_init symbols coming from? From what I can see, they're only present
in Linux static binaries (not on shared libraries, and not on ppc-
darwin static ones). I'd say they're "spurious" symbols and do not
need to be in the map file.
Also, something I should have thought about earlier: you only
included in the map file the symbols that are present on your system,
but we do have lots of other symbols (like functions for real16 and
integer16). I'm not sure there really is an automated way to grab those.