This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fwprop, updated patch and SPEC results
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:36:25 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fwprop, updated patch and SPEC results
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <454C4B1D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> And for gcc-4.3/changes.html:
> <li>A new <i>forward propagation</i> pass on RTL was added. The new pass
> replaces several slower transformations, resulting in compile-time
> improvements as well as better code generation in some cases.</li>
Looks good; I just recommend using <em> instead of <i>.
> I would ask Gerald if it is possible to add "The new pass was
> contributed by Paolo Bonzini, from University of Lugano, and Steven
I assume you are referring to the news section in our main page, where
we've historically had such references? Absolutely!
("Paolo Bonzini of University of Lugano", I believe.)