This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,fortran] PR 27740 Symbol versioning for libgfortran
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: Janne Blomqvist <Janne dot Blomqvist at tkk dot fi>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:42:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch,fortran] PR 27740 Symbol versioning for libgfortran
- References: <454C89C3.email@example.com> <20061104163055.GA66262@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
I'm not a big fan of undocumented options. People have a way of
finding and using these options. I'd rather document the option
with something like
-fallow-leading-underscore -- This option is intended for internal
use by the gfortran developers. IT IS SUBJECT TO GO AWAY WITHOUT
After thinking some more, I do agree with Steve. The options should
not be output by gfortran -v (hence, they should be marked as
Undocumented in the lang.opt file), but the invoke.texi should
mention that they're for internal use only.
I'll write it before we do the commit.