This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add POWER6 machine description
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:49:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add POWER6 machine description
- References: <200610280012.k9S0CnV33068@makai.watson.ibm.com> <20061031174035.GA8587@localhost.localdomain>
This looks better, but I notice another problem with respect to
processor macros. The patch adds "PROCESSOR_POWRE6" to rs6000.h
processor_type, but adds both "CPU_POWER6" and "CPU_POWER6X" to rs6000.c
rs6000_issue_rate and "power6x" to rs6000.md define_attr cpu. All of
those need to stay in sync and I do not see any reason to distinguish
between power6 and power6x for scheduling. In fact processor_power6 never
is set and never tested other than rs6000_issue_rate.
Still reviewing the rest of the patch.