This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: possible Linux bootstrap problem possible fix
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: gkeating at apple dot com (Geoffrey Keating)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:26:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: possible Linux bootstrap problem possible fix
- References: <20061101063027.4D8945019C85@geoffk5.apple.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Geoffrey Keating) writes:
> Andrew claims that there is a GCC bootstrap problem on Linux because
> some parts of GCC build with -std=c99 and the Linux headers are not
> compatible with C99.
> If so, and if it's felt that this is an urgent problem, I propose this
> patch. I have no availability of any Linux box for testing it, so I
> won't apply it until it's confirmed that (a) the problem exists and
> (b) this fixes it. Feel free to apply it yourself if you have
> confirmed this.
It definitely does not fix the bootstrap failure in ia64-linux. I still
get tons of multiple definition errors when linking libgfortran.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."