This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] native as support on Solaris/x86 (take 2)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:41:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] native as support on Solaris/x86 (take 2)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
2006-10-31 Roger Sayle <email@example.com>
* configure.ac (HAVE_AS_IX86_DIFF_SECT_DELTA): New test to determine
whether the assembler supports taking the difference of symbols in
different sections. On x86/Solaris, GAS does but Solaris as doesn't.
* configure.ac: Regenerate.
* config.in: Regenerate.
* config/i386/sol2-10.h (JUMP_TABLES_IN_TEXT_SECTION): Define if
the assembler doesn't support taking the difference of symbols in
different sections, i.e. we're using the native solaris assembler.
It's certainly fine by me. Please give the build system and Solaris
maintainers 24 hours to object; then check it in.
(650) 331-3385 x713