This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR29033: i18n issue
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Dirk Mueller <dmuell at gmx dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:10:40 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR29033: i18n issue
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> bootstrapped, regtested under i686-suse-linux, applied as obvious to mainline.
For this sort of patch you should run "make gcc.pot" and make sure that
all the desired messages appear in the generated .pot file. In this case
it appears that "left rotate count is negative" does but "right rotate
count is negative" does not, and similarly for ">= width of type".
If the string does not appear directly as the msgid/gmsgid argument to the
diagnostic function, I recommend marking it up with G_ (see
Joseph S. Myers