This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: code coverage, ARM and C library
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:17:13 +1000
- Subject: Re: code coverage, ARM and C library
- References: <email@example.com>
> at the moment, when building gcc for arm-none-eabi with newlib as C library,
> gcc decides that the C library is not available, sets inhibit_libc for
> compilations, and as result instead of real gcov support routines dummy
> functions are used.
> There are two places where inhibit_libc is set
> - Configure code (which looks at --with-newlib and --with-headers)
> - Arm config bits, which set inhibit_libc unconditionally.
> That hardcoding looks wrong -- there's nothing fundamentally preventing
> building arm toolchain with some C library. If I remove that hardcoding, and
> modify configure options appropriately, inhibit_libc is not set, gcc builds
> fine, and the code coverage works.
> The patch is attached, OK?
Having dug around in this code, I agree with your analysis, but I'm
afraid I am unable to approve your patch. ;-) You'll need to track
down an ARM maintainer.