This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR29519 Bad code on MIPS with -fnon-call-exceptions
- From: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:31:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR29519 Bad code on MIPS with -fnon-call-exceptions
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, David Daney wrote:
The patch is fully tested and ready to go for the 4.2 branch.
The last thing I want is for this fix to get delayed whilst we argue
over patch testing/approval policy. This fix addresses the known
wrong-code issue, and at worst may replace it with missed optimization
opportunity. Hence although we don't know for sure whether this is
better than reverting the patch that caused the regression, it's
certainly better than where 4.2 is now, and keeps us sync'd with
Ok for the 4.2 branch.
Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully, there'll be no more surprises.
For better or worse I just committed this patch to the gcc-4_2-branch.