This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Conversion warnings when truncating 64-bit types (v1)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Martin von Loewis <Martin dot vonLoewis at hpi dot uni-potsdam dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 25 Oct 2006 03:57:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Conversion warnings when truncating 64-bit types (v1)
- References: <453E23BB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> writes:
| And as Joseph points out, this should work with -Wcoercion.
Indeed, but it needs not be tied to -Wcoercion. In fact,
I'm of the opinion that it should be considered independently.
True, -Wcoercion has a broader view but this contribution of Martin is
sufficiently standalone enough.