This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve PR28796
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Roger Sayle" <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: "Richard Guenther" <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:41:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve PR28796
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On 8/25/06, Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Richard Guenther wrote:
> 2006-08-25 Richard Guenther <email@example.com>
> PR target/19116
> * config/i386/i386.c (override_options): Do not set MASK_IEEE_FP
> if flag_unsafe_math_optimizations is specified. We have
> flag_finite_math_only for that.
> * config/i386/i386.md (sqrtxf2): Do not require TARGET_IEEE_FP
> or flag_unsafe_math_optimizations.
> Ok for mainline if we open for general bugfixes? Otherwise ok for 4.3?
Thanks. Yes, this is OK for 4.3, and for mainline should Mark decide to
reopen it for general bug fixes. Alas, I've not been following the recent
release discusssions, but I agree that a temporary return to stage2
would be preferable to diluting efforts with a 4.3 basic improvements
branch, but even that shouldn't be necessary if the regression counts
Applied to the mainline.