This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR29216 & PR29394 - (Redux) Default initialization for derived types that become defined.
- From: Erik Edelmann <erik dot edelmann at iki dot fi>
- To: THOMAS Paul Richard 169137 <Paul dot Richard dot THOMAS at cea dot fr>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:14:45 +0300
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR29216 & PR29394 - (Redux) Default initialization for derived types that become defined.
- References: <1299EF3181B10F479D85C3280132852435AF8C@THEZE.intra.cea.fr> <20061018201100.GA12886@acclab.helsinki.fi>
My first attempt to send this failed -- new attempt. My appologies to
Paul if you get this twice.
On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:11:01PM +0300, Erik Edelmann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 01:16:58PM +0200, THOMAS Paul Richard 169137 wrote:
> > Regtested on amd64/Cygwin_NT - OK for trunk?
> Ok, with some changes to the Changelog entry:
> > 2006-10-18 Paul Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > PR fortran/29216
> > PR fortran/29314
> > * gfortran.h : Add EXEC_INIT_ASSIGN.
> > * dump-parse-tree.c (gfc_show_code_node): The same.
> > * trans-openmp.c gfc_trans_omp_array_reduction): Set new
> > for gfc_trans_assignment false.
> Missing '('. And perhaps "Set new argument for gfc_trans_assignment to
> false" would be clearer? Or something; right now that sentence look
> a little bit too brief to my eyes. But I'm not a native speaker, so
> don't trust me on things like this.
> > * trans-stmt.c (gfc_trans_forall_1): The same.
> > * trans-stmt.h : Add prototype for gfc_trans_init_assign.
> > * trans.c (gfc_trans_code): Implement EXEC_INIT_ASSIGN.
> > * trans.h : Add new boolean argument to the prototype of
> > gfc_trans_assignment.
> > * resolve.c (resolve_allocate_exp): Replace EXEC_ASSIGN by
> > EXEC_INIT_ASSIGN.
> > (resolve_code): EXEC_INIT_ASSIGN does not need resolution.
> > (apply_default_init): New function.
> > (resolve_symbol): Call it for derived types that become
> > defined but which do not already have an initialization
> > expression..
> > * st.c (gfc_free_statement): Include EXEC_INIT_ASSIGN.
> I don't see the changes to trans-expr.c mentioned anywhere.