This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, libgfortran] Final patch for PR29277, LF conversion to CR-LF
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: 'Fortran List' <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, 'gcc-patches' <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:41:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch, libgfortran] Final patch for PR29277, LF conversion to CR-LF
- References: <000001c6f295$520472f0$276d65da@anykey>
Danny Smith wrote:
2006-10-17 Jerry DeLisle <email@example.com>
* io/write.c (write_a): Add conversion of LF to LF-CR
for systems with
I see I need to change the ChangeLog to from LF-CR to CR-LF :)
Looks good to me.
Before this patch hex dump of output file is:
00000000 7265 636f 7264 310a 0a0a 0a0a 7265 636f record1.....reco
00000010 7264 310a 0a0a 0a72 6563 6f0a rd1....reco.
00000000 7265 636f 7264 310d 0a0d 0a0d 0a0d 0a0d record1.........
00000010 0a72 6563 6f72 6431 0d0a 0d0a 0d0a 0d0a .record1........
00000020 7265 636f 0d0a reco..
This looks great! Thanks Danny for testing.
No new libgortran failures on mingw32.I thought about a command line option may be useful. We will do that for 4.3
with concurrence from the team.
Umm, would you consider a command line option (in next stage 1) that
would override the default format mode to allow, eg, using 0_BINARY
newlines on targets such as mingw32.
All that remains is approval from one of our Gfortran maintainers. I have an OK
from Mark Mitchell. But after this we go strict on release rules.