This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [rfc] subreg lowering pass / Overcoming double-set difficulties for CC re-use
- From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus dot dk>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: Björn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:42:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [rfc] subreg lowering pass / Overcoming double-set difficulties for CC re-use
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061016145055.GF24007@sygehus.dk> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:24:34PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> > I'm curious. I'd like to see a few examples.
> If what I gave wasn't illuminating enough, that'll have to
> wait, sorry.
It's the "code size and performance regressions" part. I chose CC_REG
over (cc0) for the i8086 partly because I expected shorter and faster code
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen