This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28545, wrong-code due to operand scanner
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:17:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28545, wrong-code due to operand scanner
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 17:02 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> On the 4.1 branch the operand scanner re-orders operands sometimes (sic!).
> This appearantly badly interacts with updating of immediate uses. Fixed
> by adjusting the code to not re-oder operands, like we do on the mainline.
This is the wrong fix.
The problem is not operand scanner but instead the immediate-use
iterators are not working correctly on the 4.1 branch.
In fact the above patch should be applied also and a patch like that to