This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] mips: Allow larger values for __aligned__
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>, echristo at apple dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:03:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mips: Allow larger values for __aligned__
- References: <20060920224707.GI9301@lios> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061013205620.GE6622@lios>
> Sorry, I wasn't being clear enough. The order should be that elfos.h is
> included before the target headers redefine the ELF related defaults, so
> the guard was superfluous.
I had understood. I still disagree with the removal of the guard though.
> What do you think of the following convservative approach to correct the
I think that the conservative approach is to revert the patch and put
something in config/mips/mips.h instead, as you originally did. IMHO
tweaking the generic ELF MAX_OFILE_ALIGNMENT during stage 3 is risky.