This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] install.texi: Correct mention of Fortran in "full distribution" desc.
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Brooks Moses <bmoses at stanford dot edu>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:40:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] install.texi: Correct mention of Fortran in "full distribution" desc.
- References: <452C581B.email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:34:03PM -0700, Brooks Moses wrote:
> In the "Downloading GCC" chapter of install.texi, there's a description
> of what's included in the full distribution of GCC. The mention of both
> a Fortran 77 compiler and a Fortran compiler here is somewhat misleading
> -- there is no Fortran 77 compiler distinct from the main Fortran
> compiler. This patch corrects this.
> I'd be interested in opinions on whether or not I should add a
> parenthetical note saying "(Fortran 77 in GCC 3.4 and earlier, Fortran
> 95 in GCC 4.0 and later)" after "Fortran" in the list, to cover the
> changeover from g77 to gfortran. Comments?
I don't think the parenthetical comment is needed. The patch
looks OK to me, but I probably can't approve it.