This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, various] Add "pdf" target to all relevant GCC makefiles.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: bmoses at stanford dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:54:44 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, various] Add "pdf" target to all relevant GCC makefiles.
- References: <452BC84A.email@example.com> <200610101943.k9AJhNs4020588@greed.delorie.com>
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Don't forget that the toplevel is shared with gdb, binutils, newlib,
> cygwin, etc. You went to great lengths to add dummy pdf targets in
> all the gcc directories, but won't this break those other projects?
I added most of the necessary dummy targets for binutils and did other
fixes to allow "make pdf" to work there a while back:
Yes, there are bits remaining to fix and gdb, newlib etc. to consider.
But this patch won't break the other projects: "make pdf" is a standard
GNU target which is already broken for them and this patch simply fails to
Joseph S. Myers