This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [RFC PATCH, x86_64] Use -mno-sse[,2] to fall back to x87 FP argument passing convention
- From: "Menezes, Evandro" <evandro dot menezes at amd dot com>
- To: "Menezes, Evandro" <evandro dot menezes at amd dot com>, "Roger Sayle" <roger at eyesopen dot com>, "Michael Matz" <matz at suse dot de>, "Uros Bizjak" <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "Jan Hubicka" <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:27:03 -0500
- Subject: RE: [RFC PATCH, x86_64] Use -mno-sse[,2] to fall back to x87 FP argument passing convention
> See SPEC CPU200x submissions by AMD: they were all run on
> OS'es sporting such x86-64-optimized routines and none uses
> -mfpmath=387, no matter which compiler
> (http://tinyurl.com/j779l & http://tinyurl.com/owzj2).
BTW, 32-bit SPEC CPU200x are quite faster with -mfpmath=sse.
Evandro Menezes AMD Austin, TX