This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC PATCH, x86_64] Use -mno-sse[,2] to fall back to x87 FP argument passing convention
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:37:45 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH, x86_64] Use -mno-sse[,2] to fall back to x87 FP argument passing convention
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> I would like to present a kind of x86_64 ABI enhancement for FP types,
> where argument passing convention would follow x87 argument passing
> In current state of x86_64 affairs, user can select -mfpmath=387 to
> instruct the compiler to use x87 FP instructions.
FWIW, I think -mfpmath=387 should actually give an error with -m64. I
want all traces of x87 to die a silent death. For x86 that's impossible,
we should not do anything to make it impossible for x86-64.