This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR20541 - allocatable components (TR15541)
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- Cc: "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:00:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR20541 - allocatable components (TR15541)
- References: <5181212.1160192969316.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paul Thomas wrote:
This patch implements the part of TR15541 that is concerned with
allocatable components of derived types. This extension to the F95
standard offers three important advantages over pointer components:
Congratulations - Good Work ! This will definitely help GNU Fortran to
win the hearts and minds (I must have heard this phrase before - I can't
have come up with it on my own ;-) of Fortran users.
Most of them don't even know this is an enhancement to the '95 Standard,
and tend to complain our implementation "is not complete".
Toon Moene - e-mail: email@example.com - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
A maintainer of GNU Fortran: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/
Who's working on GNU Fortran: