This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix char/short __sync_fetch_and_xxx (PR target/28924, take 2)
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:23:18 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix char/short __sync_fetch_and_xxx (PR target/28924, take 2)
On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Here is the updated patch; I found that __sync_*_compare_and_swap
> and __sync_lock_test_and_set suffered from exactly the same problem,
> so I fixed that too.
Thanks. Given this new smaller and safer patch is "obvious", I think
it's now OK for mainline in stage-3. This should also allow Uros to
check-in his new sync-2.c test case to confirm his fix is correct.
I much prefer that we have appropriate test suite coverage for recent
changes in the tree, rather than fail to test adequately and identify
potential problems prior to a release.
Thanks to you both.