This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/28349, ICE with va_args and references
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:48:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/28349, ICE with va_args and references
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 15:15 -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
> Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
> > The problem here is that we don't try to undo the reference after
> > building *(__builtin_trap (), (int&*)0). Really there is no reason we
> > should have a pointer to a reference here so just creating a pointer to
> > the type that the old type references fixes the problem without causing
> > an ICE.
> > OK? Bootstrapped and tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu with no regressions.
Committed to the 4.1 branch after a bootstrap/test on i686-linux-gnu.