This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: convert_move: partial_int modes
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:13:46 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: convert_move: partial_int modes
On Fri, 27 May 2005, DJ Delorie wrote:
> * expr.c (convert_move): When a partial_int requires multiple
> conversion steps, make sure successive steps convert the
> intermediate value, not the original value.
This looks Ok for mainline too. Fortunately, this patch looks
"obvious", but in future it might be nice to try testing on one
of the tree's three(?) partial int mode targets, if you can't report
bootstrap or regression test results for your internal port. Just
in case, they rely on the previous incorrect behaviour.
Admittedly there's a strange chicken-and-egg situation where you
need to get your new port working before you can report that it's
testsuite results don't show any regressions :)