This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] PR c++/21768: ICE in error message due to violation of coding conventions
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Volker Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:13:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] PR c++/21768: ICE in error message due to violation of coding conventions
- References: <200505261448.j4QEmMHM004250@relay.rwth-aachen.de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:48:27PM +0200, Volker Reichelt wrote:
> error ("used %d template parameter%s instead of %d",
> TREE_VEC_LENGTH (tmpl_parms),
> TREE_VEC_LENGTH (tmpl_parms) == 1 ? "" : "s",
> TREE_VEC_LENGTH (parms));
> The attached patch fixes that by removing the conditional and using
> "parameter(s)" in the text. This should simplify i18n efforts.
Just note that the %.0s format specifier the german translation uses
works with the patch I posted yesterday:
Maybe we want nerror etc. functions which will use ngettext() rather than
_()? Then we would handle plurals properly...