This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Use pass manager for RTL passes 3/4: move pass manager to passes.c
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:15:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: Use pass manager for RTL passes 3/4: move pass manager to passes.c
- References: <42918DA8.email@example.com> <1116855975.8068.2.camel@dyn9002218225>
Why are you resetting required and provided properties on passThe reason was to track which passes use trees and which use RTL and
which have the CFG. Then, execute_todo can use print_rtl or
print_rtl_with_bb depending on whether the CFG is present.
Strictly speaking, properties_required becomes something more like
properties_before and properties_provided becomes something more like
properties_after. It does not seem incorrect in the case
properties_provided, while it is a bit counter-intuitive in the case of
properties_required. ISTR that I did not add two more fields because of
the burden of going through all the pass structures and adding fields to
them (and I also did not like peppering the pass structures with
initializations of fields that are for internal use).
What are you trying to do with properties_required, exactly?