This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/17845: looking for a superclass in the wrong package
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:12:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR/17845: looking for a superclass in the wrong package
- References: <email@example.com> <428C431D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <428C649F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Andrew Haley wrote:
Paolo Bonzini writes:
> The patch removes a path for looking a superclass that seems bogus to
> me. gcj would try every package name defined so far, which depends on
> the files on the command line, and has no correspondance in the JLS.
> Ranjit Mathew tested the patch for me:
This looks OK as it passes Jacks.
Is there a test case we can add to the testsuite?
There is one attached to PR17845, I'll see if I can make something
similar without using java.* class names.