This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [warning control patch] simple cases
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:27:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [warning control patch] simple cases
- References: <200505172009.j4HK94x7015477@greed.delorie.com>
DJ Delorie <email@example.com> writes:
> Bootstrapped with no regressions on x86_64 FC3. These are just the
> simplest cases of moving the logic; once committed I'll work on the
> more complex cases (where the variable prevents expensive tests).
> I had to move warn_return_type into the Var so that the warning
> control logic could tell when it was set.
Sorry to be such a pain, but this patch introduces quite a few
overly-long lines. I guess most of them could be cured by moving
the string to the next line, but as I understand it, you're allowed
to use string concatenation these days anyway.