This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] ARM: Don't use weak linkage when comdat groups are available
- From: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:40:07 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] ARM: Don't use weak linkage when comdat groups are available
This patch was previously posted here:
Usage of weak linkage should be unnecessary when comdat groups are being
used, so this patch disables it. However, this caused breakage on
multiple platforms when the patch was last applied, due to various
apparent linker problems.
The attached patch makes the change for ARM targets only.
Tested with cross to arm-none-elf from i686-pc-linux-gnu with no
OK to apply?
* config/arm/arm.h (MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY): Redefine macro to stop
DECL_WEAK being used for symbols with vague linkage when
HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP is true.