This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch for altivec.md [ppc] to fix vec_merge patterns.
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Fariborz Jahanian <fjahanian at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 May 2005 20:51:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: patch for altivec.md [ppc] to fix vec_merge patterns.
- References: <67703306-C3D0-11D9-9978-000393B9ED88@apple.com>
Fariborz Jahanian <email@example.com> writes:
> This patch fixes problem in vec_merge patterns used to do merge of two
> altivec vector constants on ppc. Old patterns results in incorrect
> merge and causes following test case to fail (when compiled with
> -O2). Patch has been dejagnu tested on apple-ppc-darwin and used in
> internal app which used to fail.
> OK for mainline?
> - fariborz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
> 2005-05-13 Fariborz Jahanian <email@example.com>
> * config/rs6000/altivec.md (altivec_vmrghb, altivec_vmrghh,
> altivec_vmrghw, altivec_vmrglb, altivec_vmrglh, altivec_vmrglw):
> New values for vec_select definitions and bitmask for element
This is OK.