This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] do not lower a/b to a*(1/b)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>,Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:36:40 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] do not lower a/b to a*(1/b)
- References: <4284D602.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200505132050.j4DKod031130@makai.watson.ibm.com>
On Fri, 13 May 2005, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Please test the patch with SPEC CPU2000 on multiple architectures
> (including PowerPC) using -ffast-math.
I think it's certainly a good idea to ask those with access to SPEC
to test selected patches of theirs using SPEC, and I appreciate those
also helping out and testing patches by others.
However, given the non-free nature of SPEC, I think this cannot be a
hard requirement for patch acceptance.