This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Trying to make list nodes smaller, but the C++ FEkeeps beating me down
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Trying to make list nodes smaller, but the C++ FEkeeps beating me down
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The attached patch works fine for C, Java, and F95, AFAICT (it
> bootstraps and passes regtests ).
> It removes the TREE_TYPE field from TREE_LIST, which is not used in
> these FE's (it's a first step to actually removing all but the purpose
> and value fields for TREE_LIST and STATEMENT_LIST_NODE, which would
> bring TREE_LIST from 28 bytes to 8 or 12 on a 32 bit machine).
If TREE_LIST is giving you hard time, can we just drop the type field
from STATEMENT_LIST to start with?