This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Stage 2: Implement access check for template instantiation (2/n)
- From: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <lerdsuwa at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 18:33:05 +0700
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Stage 2: Implement access check for template instantiation (2/n)
- References: <42859D60.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4285E92E.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> The first operand of ACCESS corresponds to TREE_PURPOSE,
> and the second operand of ACCESS corresponds to TREE_VALUE
> of TREE_LIST respectively. Several ACCESS nodes can be
> linked in a linked list via TREE_CHAIN.
Can you please consider accessing the field via a separate
ACCESS_CHAIN macro (it is fine to #define it to TREE_CHAIN, it is only
The TREE_CHAIN field is common to all tree nodes. All sort of
tree nodes such as *_DECL, *_STMT, etc. use this, not just TREE_LIST
and ACCESS. So everyone is familiar with TREE_CHAIN use. In my
opinion, changing to ACCESS_CHAIN makes the code less clear.